Monday 25 November 2013

Food Review in Toulouse, France

Salad with Balsamic Vinegar and Foie Gras


This is my first time having the Foie Gras. First time always make peoples excited. But after that I had try the Foie Gras, I felt like I'm bitting the butter. Once you put into your mouth,it will melting into your mouth and you might felt oily and greasy. Honestly, I don't like these kind of feeling, it was because you might don't want to try other dishes already. About the salad, seriously for me is a bit too salty, but I can taste the balsamic vinegar and not too choking. 

Fresh Oysters



The Chef was opening the Oyster 

Enjoying ^^

Hmmm~~~Yupe that right.. Fresh oysters and eat with raw. Before the Chef serving to us, he was cleaning and washing the oyster. Once he had done cleaning the oysters, he open the cover's oyster to  us.  I just straight away the whole oyster put into my mouth. The texture of oyster is quite soft and rubbery, and it's easy to swallow. By the way, the taste is fresh, and I can feel the salty taste and not from the salt, it's from the natural sea salt, I thought it will be fishy but it's not. Iif you want the oysters to be more flavor, my suggestion is squeeze some lemon juice, it will be more nicer.


Chicken Paella with Mussels and Prawns




I felt shocked, when I saw a big pan in front of the restaurant. Firstly, I thought it was a big curry pan, because the colors looks like the curry. But once I had smelled it, then just realized that it was a chicken paella.  Paella means all pan. Chicken Paella is a kind of spanish foods, especially for the Valencian peoples. The appearance of Chicken Paella, the rice looks quite moisture and sticky. I'm felt very satisfaction of this meal. The taste was average and didn't feel like salty and there are a strong capsicum and cumin taste. The chickens, prawns and mussels were juicy, it was because they were absorb a lot of the sauce, that why it very juicy.


Amorino Gelato AL Naturale






Amorino is a ice cream shop who using the traditional Italian ways for making gelato. There is a lot of flavor, such as raspberry, chocolate, hazelnut and more. You can have 3 flavor of gelato, in a cone. And they will help you to decoration with a rose shape. For my favorite flavors are Coffee, Amorino Chocolate and Pistacchio. I feel is quite match these 3 flavor. First, you try to taste the coffee flavor and then you can feel the aroma and the bitter taste of coffee, it make you refresh. And then try the chocolate , that is quite a strong chocolate flavor, creamy and rich. Pistacchio it can help you to reduce the sweet of the chocolate. Overall of this gelatos were not too sweet, the tastes were average. It was giving a surprise. First of all, my expectation those this gelato were too sweet, but in reality is no. If I return back to Toulouse,I would like to try it again. 

1 comment:

  1. interesting selection of food reviewed. simple but clear. good.

    ReplyDelete